The turf season got underway this weekend and we started as we mean to go on with three winners. Golconda Prince got the ball rolling in the Apprentice race. He’s been unlucky on his last few runs and things finally fell right for him. He jumped out well and was always prominent under Sebastian Woods. He was ridden to challenge over a furlong out and when he grabbed the lead he stayed on strongly to win by a length-and-a-quarter for the Richard Fahey Ebor Racing Club.

Middleham Park Racing then had a great day with three winners including a double with us. Right Action won the first on the card under jockey Silvestre De Sousa. He raced on the far side and was always in contention. He lead two furlongs from home and showed a great attitude when pressed in the final furlong. He stayed on to win by three-quarters-of-a-length.

Ventura Dragon picked up his third win of his career under a confident ride from Connor Murtagh. He was held up towards the rear and started to make a move approaching the final two furlongs. He kept up to his task and battled to the lead and stayed on to win by half-a-length.



The long trip to Ffos Las proved worth while with Ventura Dragon winning the nursery by seven-lengths. The Dragon Pulse colt tracked the leaders under Connor Murtagh and took up the lead approaching the final furlong. He stayed on strongly to win well for owners Middleham Park Racing.


It was a good day at Carlisle with a double on the card and both winners were for Middleham Park Racing. We started off with Ventura Dragon to give us another two-year-old winner. The Dragon Pulse-colt made a pleasing debut at Pontefract earlier this month so it was great to see him win. He was short of room from the start and Tony Hamilton was forced to back further than he would have liked. They made headway in the final furlong and chased down the leader Seyaady and they crossed the line together. A photo was needed to separate them and it was the most expensive photo finish in Betfair history. The still image looked as though Seyaady had won but the photo showed we had got up to win by a nose.

Right Action then handed Middleham Park their 850th winner. He was held up by Tony towards the rear of the field and started to make a move over the final two furlongs. They switched right over the final furlong and when they took up the lead they stayed on to win by half-a-length.